The real world can definitely weigh on you. Job stress. Money stress. Childcare stress. Relationship stress. Even stress about being stressed stress. The reality is that anyone participating in an active life is going to be subject to external stressors. That’s just part of life. BUT that doesn’t mean it has to stress you out.
As the quote goes: “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” We humans are pretty badass with our ability to intentionally change our minds and shift our attention. We can do borderline miraculous things with our mental powers when we develop them. All too often though we don’t exercise our full capacity for an empowered, peaceful life. Most of us run around plagued by tons of different things that stress us out all the time. Some of us even feel totally stressed out without any apparent reason to be stressed at all. That’s exactly when we have to stop and ask ourselves: “What gives?”
When we take step back from the chaos and a closer look at how our emotions and thoughts are intimately shaped by our body chemistry then we can gain insight into why we feel stressed so often. Tune in to this episode where Tony, Will and Kinna talk about how balancing your body chemistry through nutrition can help you better cope with the external stresses in life and minimize the internal stress you may feel for no apparent reason.
In this Episode You’ll Learn About
- The connection between digestion, nutrient absorption and stress.
- What nutrition errors to avoid to help prevent stress hormone elevation.
- How to assess your own body chemistry using our Digestive Issues Course to detect what imbalances may be contributing to stress symptoms in your case.
- The Sympathetic State, The Slow Oxidizer State, The Electrolyte Excess & Deficiency States and other body chemistry imbalances that interact with each other and can contribute to elevated stress levels.
- Free resources you can use to help you learn to meditate to reduce stress.
- How poor digestion can cause stress and how stress can likewise cause poor digestion.
- How impaired blood sugar metabolism can contribute to physical stress in the body.
- How fasting, high glycemic foods and other diet choices that destabilize blood sugar contribute to physical stress on the body.
Links Relevant to this Episode
- Will’s Post on Daily Rituals for Mental Efficiency and Emotional Health
- Our Digestive Issues Course
- Meditation Guru Light Watkin’s Website: Begin Meditating
- Our Podcast Episode on Anxiety
- Will’s Post on Assessing the State of Your Nervous System
Show Transcriptions – Stress
T.C. Hale is not a doctor and does not claim to be a doctor, licensed in any type of medical field. Don’t be an idiot and use anything heard on this show as medical advice. This information should be used for educational purposes only and you should contact your doctor for any medical advice. Now get off me.
Kinna: Welcome to Kick it Naturally. I’m Kinna McInroe and I’m here with T.C. Hale, author, natural health expert, Moses, uh…
Will: Fancy pants.
Kinna: Fancy pants.
Tony: Moses is a fancy pants so maybe that’s what she meant. I don’t know.
Kinna: I don’t know. It just came to the top of my head.
Tony: It was a weird thing at the top of your head.
Kinna: It was a weird thing at the top of my head.
Will: This is not related to the show.
Kinna: I was, yeah, yeah. That’s weird. I was, I had Noah on the brain because I saw that, that big billboard for the movie, for the trailer, but then I don’t know Moses came out.
Will: Oh yeah. The billboard.
Kinna: Anyways and we also have the Hottey Pottoty, Will Schmidt over there. Hi.
Kinna: He’s just sitting over there with a couple of fig leaves.
Tony: Hi, Will.
Kinna: That’s about it.
Will: Hey there.
Kinna: Today’s show is brought to you by Audible.com.
Kinna: Woohoo! Get a free audio book download and 30 day free trial at kickitinthenuts.com/audiobook. Over 150,000 titles to choose from for your iphone, android, kindle, or MP3 player. And every time we say Audible.com we get $100.
All: Audible.com, Audible.com, Audible.com, Audible.com, Audible.com, Audible.com, Audible.com, Audible.com, Audible.com.
Kinna: So today our topic is stress. And I know that I’m a ball of stress right now.
Tony: Freaking out!
Tony: Simmer down.
Kinna: It was, it was all stressful today.
Tony: So this is the solution, the whole show today is simmer down.
Kinna: Simmer down. That, you know that’s easier said than done and in my mind I can talk myself out of things. But in that moment I just you know, I go to the worst case scenario, I stress out, yeah.
Download Our Free Digestion Assessment Guide
Sign up to receive our free Digestion Checklist that could help you improve your digestive issues.