Having O.C.D. can make you feel super awkward, uncomfortable in your own skin and a bit like a crazy person. You may think that there’s nothing you can do if you’re afflicted with O.C.D. symptoms or impulses, but the awesome reality is that there are often underlying body chemistry imbalances that you can address to relieve the true cause(s) of OCD in your case. While there are many different potential body chemistry imbalances that can contribute to O.C.D. symptoms there may be different approaches you personally need to take to relieve your symptoms. Listen in as Tony, Will and Kinna discuss the underlying physiological imbalances that can contribute to O.C.D. symptoms and learn what you can do to detect and correct those imbalances if they are present in you.
In this Episode You’ll Learn
- About the powerful connections between metabolism, digestion, blood sugar and O.C.D.
- How electrolyte deficiencies can contribute to anxiety, depression and O.C.D. behavior.
- About the connection between cellular energy production, glucose utilization, metabolic rate and mental/emotional health.
- About the profound discoveries in the field of mental health made by Dr. George Watson, especially his distinctions of different “metabolic types” and their connection to mental illness and emotional instability.
- How bio-individuality, digestive capacity and metabolic types create variance in what diet and nutrients are appropriate for each individual. Similar symptoms of O.C.D. and other mental illness can be present in individuals with very different metabolisms. As such, distinct protocols appropriate to each individual must be implemented to achieve balance and relief of symptoms, even if the symptoms are very similar.
Links Relevant to this Episode
- Book: Nutrition and Your Mind: The Psychochemical Response, by Dr. George Watson.
- Nutrient Power by Dr. Walsh
- Our Digestive Issues Course
Full List of Show Topics We’ve Covered
Download Our Free Digestion Assessment Guide
Sign up to receive our free Digestion Checklist that could help you improve your digestive issues.
Leave a Reply