You can listen to Part 1 of this episode on the player at the top of this page. Part 2 can be found here.
Did you know your lactose intolerance could actually be a food sensitivity? Do you know the difference between the two? If not, then this is the perfect episode for you! Lactose intolerance is a big deal that scares a lot of people away from dairy products like milk, ice cream and most importantly cheese. And cheese is delicious. In this episode we’ll go over the components of milk as a complex substance, the possible nutritional benefits of consuming dairy for some people, and what you can do to correct your intolerance or sensitivity. Not only could correcting this issue provide you with the ability to avoid running to the bathroom after consuming dairy, but it also greatly broadens the type of nutrients you can utilize. Listen in as Tony, Will and Kinna answer your questions!
In this episode you’ll hear about:
- Why food allergy tests are not always accurate.
- Why digestion needs to be working properly for any food to be symptom free.
- The different components of milk and why it’s a complex substance.
- Why a gut infection could compromise your ability to digest some foods.
- How a stressed state in growing vegetation can ultimately cause humans stress when we consume those foods.
- Why creating a fat free milk produces a reduction of vitamins in that milk.
- What, if any, are the connections between lactose intolerance and gallstones?
- Why raw milk can be more beneficial than pasteurized milk.
- How the way cows are raised affects their milk.
- Why fermented foods can be beneficial in limited amounts.
- Why is cheese so hard to quit for some people?
- Is drinking milk really preventing osteoporosis?
- How effective are allergy scratch tests?
- Why being pregnant can change the way you process dairy.
Also listen to our shows on:
- Food Sensitivities and Food Allergies
- Energy Production, Metabolism and Oxidation Rates
On our Kick It Naturally show, we cover how most symptoms, or health issues, can have a variety of underlying causes. When the goal is to improve a symptom or health issue, the first step should always be to look at your own chemistry to figure out what may be causing the problem. The almost free 4-week Digestion Course that we talk about in this episode is a great way to learn how to run simple tests you can do at home, and get an idea of imbalances that may be occurring in your body chemistry.
Once you understand the imbalances you may be dealing with, you can listen to our episode about that topic to better understand how different imbalances can cause that symptom or health issue. If you are seem to have a strong imbalance that is commonly the underlying cause of the issue you’re dealing with, now you have a place to start. If you can do the work to improve that imbalance, you may find that the symptom could improve right along with it.
If you get stuck, be sure to join our free and private Facebook Support Group HERE. There, you can ask questions and others can point you in the right direction.
More Ways to Learn About Your Own Body Chemistry
- Our weight loss book, Kick Your Fat in the Nuts, goes into depth about how to better understand your chemistry and imbalances. It’s available on Amazon in Paperback or Kindle format.
- If you prefer audiobooks, Audible is giving away our audiobook version of Kick Your Fat in the Nuts, along with a 30-day trial to Audible to all of our podcast Subscribers. Learn More HERE. And you can subscribe to our podcast for free on iTunes HERE.
- If you’re a health professional, or would like to become one, check out our Online Health Coach Course to dig deeper into these topics. Some people take this course simply to learn more and improve their own health.
Links to tools mentioned in the episode
- Natural Selection Nutritional’s Complete Protein
- Digestive Issues Course
- NaturalReference.com for Supplements
Full List of Show Topics We’ve Covered
Download Our Free Digestion Assessment Guide
Sign up to receive our free Digestion Checklist that could help you improve your digestive issues.
Leave a Reply