You can listen to Part 1 of this episode on the player at the top of this page. Part 2 can be found here:
Gout, sometimes referred to as the rich man’s disease, doesn’t feel so rich when you’re suffering from it. While this affliction is fairly well known, the causes for it are not. And while most doctors will send you home with a prescription medication and “sorry about your luck,” there’s actually a lot you can do to improve symptoms naturally. Listen in as Tony, Will and Kinna dive deep into the science of why gout can occur and what you can do with digestion and nutrition.
In this episode you’ll hear about:
- How high purine foods can be like a slow burning log for the digestive system.
- What “salting out” means.
- Why lowering cholesterol intake generally will not lower cholesterol levels in the body.
- The roles of hyperuricemia and insulin resistance.
- Why ATP is so important to various physiological functions.
- How alcohol can raise uric acid levels while also restricting the body’s ability to excrete it.
- Why bile flow is important in removing filth from the body.
- What kind of information you can learn from an 10-parameter dipstick.
- Why walking on gravel or uneven ground can agitate gout.
- What self-tests to look at when monitoring gout.
- How prednisone affects blood sugar.
- Why maintaining a ketogenic diet can reduce your ability to excrete uric acid.
- How to tell the right amount of HCl to supplement with.
Also listen to our show on:
- Energy Production, Metabolism and Oxidation Rates
- The Truth About pH Balance Part 1 and 2
On our Kick It Naturally show, we cover how most symptoms, or health issues, can have a variety of underlying causes. When the goal is to improve a symptom or health issue, the first step should always be to look at your own chemistry to figure out what may be causing the problem. The almost free 4-week Digestion Course that we talk about in this episode is a great way to learn how to run simple tests you can do at home, and get an idea of imbalances that may be occurring in your body chemistry.
Once you understand the imbalances you may be dealing with, you can listen to our episode about that topic to better understand how different imbalances can cause that symptom or health issue. If you are seem to have a strong imbalance that is commonly the underlying cause of the issue you’re dealing with, now you have a place to start. If you can do the work to improve that imbalance, you may find that the symptom could improve right along with it.
If you get stuck, be sure to join our free and private Facebook Support Group HERE. There, you can ask questions and others can point you in the right direction.
More Ways to Learn About Your Own Body Chemistry
- Our weight loss book, Kick Your Fat in the Nuts, goes into depth about how to better understand your chemistry and imbalances. It’s available on Amazon in Paperback or Kindle format.
- If you prefer audiobooks, Audible is giving away our audiobook version of Kick Your Fat in the Nuts, along with a 30-day trial to Audible to all of our podcast Subscribers. Learn More HERE. And you can subscribe to our podcast for free on iTunes HERE.
- If you’re a health professional, or would like to become one, check out our Online Health Coach Course to dig deeper into these topics. Some people take this course simply to learn more and improve their own health.
Links to tools mentioned in the episode
- Natural Selection Nutritional’s Complete Protein
- Digestive Issues Course
- NaturalReference.com for Supplements
Download Our Free Digestion Assessment Guide
Sign up to receive our free Digestion Checklist that could help you improve your digestive issues.