What’s possibly most annoying about cellulite is that it can stick around even after you do a great job losing all sorts of weight and being able to fit back into your skinny jeans. What gives? The fact that you can develop cellulite even if your slender should tell you that there is something special going on causing it that’s not just plain and simple bodyfat accumulation. As such, getting rid of it (and preventing it) isn’t as simple as losing weight and trying to stay trim. Listen in as Tony, Will and Kinna talk about what causes cellulite in most cases and what you can do to fix it. Tune in because the solutions may surprise you!
In this Episode You’ll Learn
- About the connection between collagen, cellular health, nutrition and cellulite.
- How the collagen cells of our skin and adipose tissue depend on having sufficient amounts of key nutrients to maintain proper tensile strength, shape, structure and organization. Without these key nutrients, deformation in collagen can occur resulting in the appearance of cellulite.
- How emphasizing collagen protein, vitamin C and saturated fats can help maintain healthy collagen and reduce the appearance and occurrence of cellulite.
- That healthy collagen in our skin depends on having sufficient protein in the diet and effective digestion capable of assimilating dietary protein.
- About great nutritional resources you can tap into to help support strong, healthy cells. Nutrients like bone broth soup, collagen protein, camu camu and acerola cherry (for whole food forms of vitamin C) and tocopherols for vitamin E.
- Natural Selection Nutritional’s Complete Protein contains many of the most important nutrients required for maintaining healthy, resilient collagen / skin, including the amino acid glycine (from grass-fed bovine collagen), naturally occurring vitamin C (from organic acerola cherry), selenium, beet leaf and milk thistle for liver support / detoxification, and more.
- How certain foods, such as supposedly “essential” fatty acids, and environmental toxins like cigarette smoke and UV rays can contribute to cellulite formation.
Links Relevant to this Episode
- Natural Selection Nutritional’s Complete Protein
- Tony’s Awesome Blog Post on Cellulite (With Cellulite Buster Custard Recipe!)
- Our Digestive Issues Course
- Ray Peat’s Article: Blocking Tissue Destruction
Show Transcriptions – Cellulite-The Mystery
T.C. Hale is not a doctor and does not claim to be a doctor, licensed in any type of medical field. Don’t be an idiot and use anything heard on this show as medical advice. This information should be used for educational purposes only and you should contact your doctor for any medical advice. Now get off me.
Kinna: Welcome to Kick It Naturally, I’m Kinna McInroe, and I’m here with
T.C Hale, author, natural health expert, producer, my boss…
Tony: And sugar hander outer.
Kinna: Well, sugar taker awayer.
Tony: Oh! Dun dun dun dun! That doesn’t sound that friendly.
Kinna: That’s not very nice.
Tony: Let’s listen to you cry.
Kinna: Yeah. I’m crying on the inside. Actually I’m crying on the outside.
Tony: She can cry on cue, it’s not a big deal.
Kinna: Uh huh, I’m an actress.
Tony: Act it up.
Kinna: Yeah, so to my left you can’t see it, but hottie patottie Schmidt here today, Will?
Will: We’re just going by my last name now like high school?
Kinna: Yeah, you’re just Schmidt.
Tony: What’s up, Schmidt?
Kinna: Yeah, have you seen that movie, “What About Schmidt”?
Will: I haven’t seen that.
Kinna: Oh, you got to see it. Kathy Bates gets totally naked in it. Just so you know.
Kinna: In the hot tub. All right. So today we have a topic that all you women, myself included, and there’s a couple of men out there I’ve noticed, um, what’s up with cellulite?
Tony: Yeah, what’s up with cellulite?
Kinna: Cellulite you’re pissing me off is actually the topic today.
Download Our Free Digestion Assessment Guide
Sign up to receive our free Digestion Checklist that could help you improve your digestive issues.