You can listen to Part 1 of this episode on the player at the top of this page. Part 2 and Part 3 can be found here:
Alcohol! This is another huge topic where everyone seems to have an opinion. While most health professionals can agree that alcohol is probably less beneficial to your health than brussel sprouts, it’s not always clear as to why. In this three part episode we really explore the the effects alcohol has on the various physiological systems. We also dig into the reasons why some people become dependant, and what possible benefits alcohol might provide. Listen in as Tony, Will and Kinna answer your question on this topic and more!
In this episode you’ll hear about:
- Why is the liver so affected by alcohol consumption?
- What you can do to repair liver damage.
- When it comes to weight loss, are certain drinks “better” than others?
- What it means for alcohol as a vasodilator.
- What actually causes drunkenness.
- Why people tend to crave cigarettes when they drink.
- What actually causes the hangover effect?
- Why drinking causes dehydration.
- Is red wine really heart healthy?
- What imbalances or deficiencies can cause a person to crave alcohol.
- The effects of blood sugar spikes and crashes.
- Is alcoholism genetic or a learned behavior?
- Why are Asians more prone to flushing when they drink?
- Why cells producing lactic acid can lead to panic attacks.
- How alcohol can affect PCOS.
- Why consuming alcohol has a warming effect.
Also listen to our show on:
On our Kick It Naturally show, we cover how most symptoms, or health issues, can have a variety of underlying causes. When the goal is to improve a symptom or health issue, the first step should always be to look at your own chemistry to figure out what may be causing the problem. The almost free 4-week Digestion Course that we talk about in this episode is a great way to learn how to run simple tests you can do at home, and get an idea of imbalances that may be occurring in your body chemistry.
Once you understand the imbalances you may be dealing with, you can listen to our episode about that topic to better understand how different imbalances can cause that symptom or health issue. If you are seem to have a strong imbalance that is commonly the underlying cause of the issue you’re dealing with, now you have a place to start. If you can do the work to improve that imbalance, you may find that the symptom could improve right along with it.
If you get stuck, be sure to join our free and private Facebook Support Group HERE. There, you can ask questions and others can point you in the right direction.
More Ways to Learn About Your Own Body Chemistry
- Our weight loss book, Kick Your Fat in the Nuts, goes into depth about how to better understand your chemistry and imbalances. It’s available on Amazon in Paperback or Kindle format.
- If you prefer audiobooks, Audible is giving away our audiobook version of Kick Your Fat in the Nuts, along with a 30-day trial to Audible to all of our podcast Subscribers. Learn More HERE. And you can subscribe to our podcast for free on iTunes HERE.
- If you’re a health professional, or would like to become one, check out our Online Health Coach Course to dig deeper into these topics. Some people take this course simply to learn more and improve their own health.
Links to tools mentioned in the episode
- Natural Selection Nutritional’s Complete Protein
- Digestive Issues Course
- NaturalReference.com for Supplements
Download Our Free Digestion Assessment Guide
Sign up to receive our free Digestion Checklist that could help you improve your digestive issues.