You can listen to Part 1 of this episode on the player at the top of this page. Part 2 and 3 can be found here:
Fibromyalgia or “you hurt a lot and we don’t know why,” is a common but not well understood disease. One reason a root cause for fibromyalgia hasn’t been found is because it can occur in people for different reasons. Fibromyalgia also doesn’t always manifest in the same way for everybody. A likely hypothesis is that there are not one, but many physiological things going wrong for a long period of time before fibromyalgia symptoms start to occur. This is where our self tests really come in handy. If you’ve been given a fibromyalgia diagnosis, it’s expected that something in those self tests are going to be way off. You can view this as a good thing, now you know where to start. Listen in as Tony, Will and Kinna really dig deep in this three part episode on what fibromyalgia really is and what you can do to relieve symptoms.
In this episode you’ll hear about:
- What is fibromyalgia really?
- Why there’s generally not one cause of fibromyalgia.
- The differences of the anabolic/catabolic states and why both are necessary.
- Can fibromyalgia occur in specific locations?
- What chronic fatigue, IBS and Fibromyalgia have in common.
- Why being in a high stress state can cause the nervous system to be sensitive to firing pain signals.
- Why some medications can make people worse depending on the root cause of their pain.
- Why the body views undigested food in the system as an invader.
- Why viewing issues like burping, gas and reflux as “normal” can lead to greater health problems.
- Is there a correlation between the loss of a gallbladder and Fibromyalgia?
- Why calcium is important in muscle relaxation.
- Can having metal plates or screws trigger fibromyalgia?
- Why low blood pressure can cause just as many problems as high blood pressure.
- Why high doses of vitamin D can actually be harmful.
- Why muscles can twitch or cramp when they run out of energy.
- How emotional stress can contribute to fibromyalgia.
- Why fibromyalgia and other illnesses can “come and go.”
- How food journaling can help pinpoint triggers to pain.
- Fibromyalgia didn’t happen overnight and neither will relief, you’ve got to put the work in.
Also listen to our shows on:
Links relevant to the show:
On our Kick It Naturally show, we cover how most symptoms, or health issues, can have a variety of underlying causes. When the goal is to improve a symptom or health issue, the first step should always be to look at your own chemistry to figure out what may be causing the problem. The almost free 4-week Digestion Course that we talk about in this episode is a great way to learn how to run simple tests you can do at home, and get an idea of imbalances that may be occurring in your body chemistry.
Once you understand the imbalances you may be dealing with, you can listen to our episode about that topic to better understand how different imbalances can cause that symptom or health issue. If you are seem to have a strong imbalance that is commonly the underlying cause of the issue you’re dealing with, now you have a place to start. If you can do the work to improve that imbalance, you may find that the symptom could improve right along with it.
If you get stuck, be sure to join our free and private Facebook Support Group HERE. There, you can ask questions and others can point you in the right direction.
More Ways to Learn About Your Own Body Chemistry
- Our weight loss book, Kick Your Fat in the Nuts, goes into depth about how to better understand your chemistry and imbalances. It’s available on Amazon in Paperback or Kindle format.
- If you prefer audiobooks, Audible is giving away our audiobook version of Kick Your Fat in the Nuts, along with a 30-day trial to Audible to all of our podcast Subscribers. Learn More HERE. And you can subscribe to our podcast for free on iTunes HERE.
- If you’re a health professional, or would like to become one, check out our Online Health Coach Course to dig deeper into these topics. Some people take this course simply to learn more and improve their own health.
Links to tools mentioned in the episode
- Natural Selection Nutritional’s Complete Protein
- Digestive Issues Course
- NaturalReference.com for Supplements
Full List of Show Topics We’ve Covered
Download Our Free Digestion Assessment Guide
Sign up to receive our free Digestion Checklist that could help you improve your digestive issues.
Leave a Reply