You can listen to Part 1 of this episode on the player at the top of this page. Part 2 can be found here:
One of our favorite listeners is at it again! Rick writes in asking us to talk about vitamins and boy do we deliver in this two part episode. Listen in as Tony, Will and Kinna walk through a laundry list of crucial vitamins, what they do, how they work, and what problems they can cause when taken in excess. Also in this episode we’ll talk about the importance of monitoring and tracking your physiology and how to apply that information to suit your unique diet.
In this episode you’ll hear about:
- What is a vitamin really?
- Why getting vitamins in a whole food form is important.
- Why Tony considers most multivitamins are crap.
- Why taking prenatal vitamins can stimulate nail and hair growth.
- Why severely high doses of vitamin D can be harmful.
- Why Vitamin E could help with hypertension.
- Why vitamin C is so important in detoxification.
- Why we need more vitamin C today than our ancestors.
- The difference between fat soluble and water soluble vitamins.
- How vitamin B6 can help in manipulating urine pH.
- Why Vitamin B12 can negatively affect someone in a catabolic state.
- Why it’s important to monitor body chemistry when taking vitamins and supplements.
Also listen to our show on:
- Nutrition and Your Mind by Dr. George Watson
Links relevant to this episode:
On our Kick It Naturally show, we cover how most symptoms, or health issues, can have a variety of underlying causes. When the goal is to improve a symptom or health issue, the first step should always be to look at your own chemistry to figure out what may be causing the problem. The almost free 4-week Digestion Course that we talk about in this episode is a great way to learn how to run simple tests you can do at home, and get an idea of imbalances that may be occurring in your body chemistry.
Once you understand the imbalances you may be dealing with, you can listen to our episode about that topic to better understand how different imbalances can cause that symptom or health issue. If you are seem to have a strong imbalance that is commonly the underlying cause of the issue you’re dealing with, now you have a place to start. If you can do the work to improve that imbalance, you may find that the symptom could improve right along with it.
If you get stuck, be sure to join our free and private Facebook Support Group HERE. There, you can ask questions and others can point you in the right direction.
More Ways to Learn About Your Own Body Chemistry
- Our weight loss book, Kick Your Fat in the Nuts, goes into depth about how to better understand your chemistry and imbalances. It’s available on Amazon in Paperback or Kindle format.
- If you prefer audiobooks, Audible is giving away our audiobook version of Kick Your Fat in the Nuts, along with a 30-day trial to Audible to all of our podcast Subscribers. Learn More HERE. And you can subscribe to our podcast for free on iTunes HERE.
- If you’re a health professional, or would like to become one, check out our Online Health Coach Course to dig deeper into these topics. Some people take this course simply to learn more and improve their own health.
Links to tools mentioned in the episode
- Natural Selection Nutritional’s Complete Protein
- Digestive Issues Course
- NaturalReference.com for Supplements
Download Our Free Digestion Assessment Guide
Sign up to receive our free Digestion Checklist that could help you improve your digestive issues.