Of all the topics we refer to digestion is by far the most frequently referenced and for good reason. It’s an absolute foundation of health. It is literally the root system of our body. Our digestive system is as essential to our health as the root system of a plant is to a plant’s well being. If your digestion isn’t working well it’s a no go – do not pass go, do not collect $200 and miss two rounds on your next turns spent in monopoly jail. If you’re digestion isn’t working correctly then it is close to impossible for any diet to really work for you. However, if you have a powerful, efficient digestive system then you’ll find that you have a lot more dietary options and most plans will work much better for you.
Listen in as Tony, Will and Kinna talk about the fundamentals of this foundation of health. You’ll learn a ton about how to identify specific causes of common digestive issues you may be facing presently and will learn some powerful strategies for troubleshooting your digestion.
In this Episode You’ll Learn About
- The fundamental components of digestion: 1. Acidification in the stomach. 2. Bile flow in the liver/gallbladder/biliary pathway and 3. Intestinal health & function.
- The stomach’s role in sterilizing our food and facilitating the breakdown of protein.
- Bile’s role as a sterilizing agent, neutralizer of stomach acid and emulsifier of fats.
- The real cause of acid reflux usually being from bacteria in the stomach. And that that bacteria is usually able to thrive there due to low stomach acid production.
- Self tests and observations you can make to identify specific digestive issues.
- Steps you can take to improve stomach acid levels, bile flow and intestinal health.
Links Relevant to this Episode
Download Our Free Digestion Assessment Guide
Sign up to receive our free Digestion Checklist that could help you improve your digestive issues.