If you pay any attention to health whatsoever it may seems like every which way you turn your head you see an add for some new cleanse or detox program. What gives? Why the fad in cleansing? And what exactly does it mean to detox? Does everyone need to cleanse? If so, what’s the best cleanse? And how do you know if your detox program actually did you any good? Listen in as Tony, Will and Kinna help clear up the confusion you may be in around detoxs programs and cleanses.
In this Episode You’ll Learn
- Cleanses and detoxification programs can be very, very helpful, but they need to effectively address your body’s specific needs.
- Depending on your current body chemistry, certain “cleanses” may actually be harmful for you. For example, if you struggle with low blood pressure or protein deficiencies and you go on a juice cleanse, odds are you’ll actually end up worse off for it.
- If you have excessive heavy metals in your body, chelation therapy may be a very useful therapeutic detoxification modality. Chelation should only be performed with the help of a well experience, licensed physician.
- Various invaders such as SIBO, parasites and gastric bacteria are important to cleanse from the digestive system. Each particular invader can be addressed with different tools such as anti-microbial herbs, extracts and medications.
- The most important things to know when considering a cleanse or detoxification program are: 1. What exactly are you trying to cleanse in your body? 2. Are you sure that is the real issue for you? (e.g. do you have any valid empirical evidence verifying the presence of that specific toxin) 3. Does the cleanse in consideration have an empirical evidence based history of effectiveness? 4. Does the cleanse in consideration make sense from a holistic viewpoint? 5. Do you have qualified supervision (if needed) to implement the cleanse safely? 6. Does the cleanse in consideration seem suitable for you personally given your current body chemistry? (e.g. if you have low blood pressure already a fast might not be appropriate.) 7. Do you have any way to verify if the cleanse was actually successful in achieving your goal?
Links Relevant to This Episode
- Our Digestive Issues Course
- Chelation Therapy with Dr. Shiva Lalezar
- Medical Support for Digestive Issues (SIBO, Parasites, Etc.) with Dr. Michael Ruscio
Full List of Show Topics We’ve Covered
Download Our Free Digestion Assessment Guide
Sign up to receive our free Digestion Checklist that could help you improve your digestive issues.
Leave a Reply