You can listen to Part 1 of this episode on the player at the top of this page. Part 2 can be found here:
Chronic pain can be a real pain in the neck..or butt, or anywhere actually. It’s a huge issue for millions of people. It can range in severity from annoying to totally debilitating. Wherever you are on the spectrum, if you suffer from chronic pain it’s impacting your quality of life. And if you’re searching the internet for information about what to do about it then you’re probably hurting enough to actually do something about it. And if you’ve found your way to this particular post then you’re probably interested in trying to address the issue in a natural, holistically minded way. Congrats then, you’ve made it to the right place! Now the next right thing to do is listen in as natural health experts Tony Hale and Will Schmidt talk about the common causes of chronic pain and share ideas about how you can help yourself out of it through natural, intelligent means.
In this Episode You’ll Learn
- Chronic pain is usually from one of two main causes 1. biomechanical imbalances & 2. Biochemical imbalances. Traumatic injury can also be the initial cause of chronic pain, but even then work to optimize biomechanics and biochemistry imbalances can help reduce pain symptoms.
- Biomechanical issues primarily relate to improper posture and faulty movement patterns.
- Posture correction exercises that target the specific postural imbalances of the individual can often provide fast, effective and extensive relief from pain symptoms (when the cause of pain is related to biomechanical imbalance.) More can be learned about this approach through Will’s site: www.smartyogaforpainrelief.com
- Biochemical imbalances come in a wide variety of presentations and can be caused by an even wider array of influences. Whatever the cause, it’s important to identify the body chemistry imbalances that are present in your case and then take steps to correct them.
- The body chemistry imbalances that we most frequently see contributing to chronic pain are digestive issues, the Catabolic Imbalance, The Anabolic Imbalance, The Acid Imbalance and The Alkaline Imbalance. We have other podcast episodes (linked below) where we highlight each of these imbalances.
- You can learn more about each of these body chemistry imbalances and detect which ones, if any, are present in your body by taking Our Digestive Issues Course. In that course we teach you how to perform and interpret self tests to assess your body chemistry.
Links Relevant to this Episode
- Smart Yoga for Pain Relief
- Our Digestive Issues Course
- Our Podcast Episode on the Catabolic Imbalance
- Our Podcast Episode on the Anabolic Imbalance
- Our Podcast Episodes on the pH Imbalances
Download Our Free Digestion Assessment Guide
Sign up to receive our free Digestion Checklist that could help you improve your digestive issues.