You can listen to Part 1 of this episode on the player at the top of this page. Part 2 can be found here:
Candida is a complicated issue that a lot of people deal with and it can be difficult to diagnose and treat. In this two part episode we’re answering your questions like; How do I know if I have a candida overgrowth and what can I do to eliminate it? Why do candida and other intestinal infections keep coming back? How do I know when the infection is really gone? Listen in as Tony, Will and Kinna break down the answers and discuss how digestion and body chemistry affect candida overgrowth.
In this episode you’ll hear about:
- What is candida really?
- How the immune system keeps critters in check.
- What tests can confirm a candida overgrowth.
- How your diet can affect a candida overgrowth.
- Why candida is often found with other digestive issues and why it’s important to fix those underlying problems.
- The role calcium plays in the function of the immune system.
- How body chemistry and diet can affect histamine issues.
- How some pathogens can thrive on keytones on a low carbohydrate diet, and how that can make an overgrowth worse.
- How it’s important to monitor self tests when introducing probiotics.
- Why imbalances can create an environment for fungal and bacterial infections to thrive.
Also listen to our shows on:
On our Kick It Naturally show, we cover how most symptoms, or health issues, can have a variety of underlying causes. When the goal is to improve a symptom or health issue, the first step should always be to look at your own chemistry to figure out what may be causing the problem. The almost free 4-week Digestion Course that we talk about in this episode is a great way to learn how to run simple tests you can do at home, and get an idea of imbalances that may be occurring in your body chemistry.
Once you understand the imbalances you may be dealing with, you can listen to our episode about that topic to better understand how different imbalances can cause that symptom or health issue. If you are seem to have a strong imbalance that is commonly the underlying cause of the issue you’re dealing with, now you have a place to start. If you can do the work to improve that imbalance, you may find that the symptom could improve right along with it.
If you get stuck, be sure to join our free and private Facebook Support Group HERE. There, you can ask questions and others can point you in the right direction.
More Ways to Learn About Your Own Body Chemistry
- Our weight loss book, Kick Your Fat in the Nuts, goes into depth about how to better understand your chemistry and imbalances. It’s available on Amazon in Paperback or Kindle format.
- If you prefer audiobooks, Audible is giving away our audiobook version of Kick Your Fat in the Nuts, along with a 30-day trial to Audible to all of our podcast Subscribers. Learn More HERE. And you can subscribe to our podcast for free on iTunes HERE.
- If you’re a health professional, or would like to become one, check out our Online Health Coach Course to dig deeper into these topics. Some people take this course simply to learn more and improve their own health.
Links to tools mentioned in the episode
- Natural Selection Nutritional’s Complete Protein
- Digestive Issues Course
- NaturalReference.com for Supplements
Download Our Free Digestion Assessment Guide
Sign up to receive our free Digestion Checklist that could help you improve your digestive issues.