Well isn’t this a heavy subject? Addictions can ruin and destroy lives and entire families and send the whole neighborhood downhill. In America our judicial system takes a disciplinary stance towards drug addicts and socially many of us tend to look down on addicts of all sorts, but in other countries those struggling with addiction are treated with much more empathy and compassion. It may come as no surprise, but in nations where drug addicts are treated as patients that need support they tend to recover much more frequently and completely. Whether your addiction is to drugs, sugar, junk food, alcohol or whatever you may have a degree of self loathing or shame around the issue. We’d love to help offer a different perspective and some empowering insights around addiction. Listen in to to hear Tony, Will and Kinna talk about underlying body chemistry imbalances that may be perpetuating your particular addictions and find out what you can do to balance your body and make yourself less addiction prone.
In this Episode You’ll Learn
- How specific, commonly occurring body chemistry imbalances can trigger cravings and make you more susceptible to a wide variety of addictions.
- How imbalances such as hypotension, low blood sugar, the Electrolyte Deficient Imbalance and the Fast Oxidizer Imbalance can make you more susceptible to getting addicted to smoking, binging on carbs and even relying on anti-depressants.
- How digestive issues can result in nutrient deficiencies that trigger cravings and addictive behavior.
- Many people find that when they correct their digestive issues and improve their diet they find they can balance their body chemistry to a point where they no longer feel the need for the antianxiety or antidepressant medications they’ve felt addicted to.
- About self testing techniques you can use to assess your personal body chemistry and detect imbalances that may be triggering or perpetuating addictions.
- About resources you can tap into to get help restoring balance to your body chemistry naturally, helping to break addictions and get back to healthy patterns.
- Chemical addictions are real and can get really complicated to abstain from once the addictive elements affect you. Recreational drugs and medications can both affect the body in ways that make it dangerous to just stop taking them cold turkey. Medical supervision and intervention is often highly necessary in such cases. The nutritional aspect of addiction however is also important one and can really help if the diet is customized to suit the needs of the individual properly.
Links Relevant to this Episode
Download Our Free Digestion Assessment Guide
Sign up to receive our free Digestion Checklist that could help you improve your digestive issues.