Vitamin D is a tricky nutrient. It is heavily prescribed in modern medicine. Sometimes that’s appropriate and sometimes it’s not. Vitamin D is an essential nutrient which we can synthesize through our skin’s exposure to sunlight and also through foods and supplements that we consume. Not all forms of vitamin D are created equal though. Additionally, while having some vitamin D is essential for calcium absorption too much can cause errant calcium metabolism and even lead to blood sugar imbalances. Listen in to learn the nuances of vitamin D’s impact on the body and what you need to know about sun exposure and vitamin D supplementation.
In this Episode You’ll Learn About:
- The role vitamin D plays in calcium absorption.
- The problems that can occur with errant calcium metabolism when you get too much vitamin D.
- The connection between vitamin D overdose, viral susceptibility, kidney stones, osteoporosis and soft tissue calcification.
- The connection between vitamin D, insulin strength, insomnia and blood sugar stability.
- Nuances about appropriate regulation of vitamin D supplementation
- How to monitor your urine pH to gain insight as to what the appropriate dose of vitamin D may be for you.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
Download Our Free Digestion Assessment Guide
Sign up to receive our free Digestion Checklist that could help you improve your digestive issues.