Everyone’s physiology is unique to them because of genetics, digestive capacity and lifestyle. When looking at adjusting your diet to support specific activities (in this case running), it’s important to look at all three of these factors. Moving in one direction might really help one person and it might wreck another; and the good news is there is a physiological reason for that.
In this Ask Tony episode we’ll cover this topic and also talk about sharp stomach pains. Why do people get them and what can you do to relieve symptoms naturally. Listen in as Tony, Will and Kinna answer your questions!
In this episode you’ll hear about:
- Why it’s important to remain open minded about new health information.
- Why relying on Omega-3’s may not be the best option for treating inflammation.
- Why it’s important to look at individual biomechanics in addition to nutrition.
- Why bone broth is so effective at supporting nutrition and the rebuilding of tissues.
- How stomach pains can be caused by poor digestion and gas.
- Why adding digestive enzymes and probiotics is often not enough to fix digestive issues.
- Why not breaking down food properly can cause food sensitivities.
- Why doing a 30 day elimination diet can help you pinpoint troublesome foods.
Links relevant to this episode:
Also listen to our show on:
On our Kick It Naturally show, we cover how most symptoms, or health issues, can have a variety of underlying causes. When the goal is to improve a symptom or health issue, the first step should always be to look at your own chemistry to figure out what may be causing the problem. The almost free 4-week Digestion Course that we talk about in this episode is a great way to learn how to run simple tests you can do at home, and get an idea of imbalances that may be occurring in your body chemistry.
Once you understand the imbalances you may be dealing with, you can listen to our episode about that topic to better understand how different imbalances can cause that symptom or health issue. If you are seem to have a strong imbalance that is commonly the underlying cause of the issue you’re dealing with, now you have a place to start. If you can do the work to improve that imbalance, you may find that the symptom could improve right along with it.
If you get stuck, be sure to join our free and private Facebook Support Group HERE. There, you can ask questions and others can point you in the right direction.
More Ways to Learn About Your Own Body Chemistry
- Our weight loss book, Kick Your Fat in the Nuts, goes into depth about how to better understand your chemistry and imbalances. It’s available on Amazon in Paperback or Kindle format.
- If you prefer audiobooks, Audible is giving away our audiobook version of Kick Your Fat in the Nuts, along with a 30-day trial to Audible to all of our podcast Subscribers. Learn More HERE. And you can subscribe to our podcast for free on iTunes HERE.
- If you’re a health professional, or would like to become one, check out our Online Health Coach Course to dig deeper into these topics. Some people take this course simply to learn more and improve their own health.
Links to tools mentioned in the episode
- Natural Selection Nutritional’s Complete Protein
- Digestive Issues Course
- NaturalReference.com for Supplements
Download Our Free Digestion Assessment Guide
Sign up to receive our free Digestion Checklist that could help you improve your digestive issues.