You can listen to Part 1 of this episode on the player at the top of this page. Part 2 can be found here.
The body is doing amazing things all of the time to make sure you operate correctly and sometimes the body needs a little help. This is where enzymes come in. Enzymes are biological molecules (proteins) that act as catalysts and help complex reactions occur everywhere in life. In this two part episode we’ll discuss what enzymes actually do, how the body acquires them and which ones, if any, you should be supplementing with. Listen in as Tony, Will and Kinna answer your questions now!
In this episode you’ll hear about:
- What do enzymes actually do?
- The different kinds of enzymes and their functions.
- Why a raw diet isn’t always better.
- Why good bile flow is important.
- Do diabetics need more, or more specific enzymes?
- Enzymes we like and where to find them.
- How much and for how long is most beneficial when taking enzymes.
- How stress affects digestive function and enzyme production.
- Why taking some enzymes away from food can be beneficial.
- What breath rate says about energy production and CO2 levels.
- How good digestion can support enzyme production.
Also listen to our shows on:
On our Kick It Naturally show, we cover how most symptoms, or health issues, can have a variety of underlying causes. When the goal is to improve a symptom or health issue, the first step should always be to look at your own chemistry to figure out what may be causing the problem. The almost free 4-week Digestion Course that we talk about in this episode is a great way to learn how to run simple tests you can do at home, and get an idea of imbalances that may be occurring in your body chemistry.
Once you understand the imbalances you may be dealing with, you can listen to our episode about that topic to better understand how different imbalances can cause that symptom or health issue. If you are seem to have a strong imbalance that is commonly the underlying cause of the issue you’re dealing with, now you have a place to start. If you can do the work to improve that imbalance, you may find that the symptom could improve right along with it.
If you get stuck, be sure to join our free and private Facebook Support Group HERE. There, you can ask questions and others can point you in the right direction.
More Ways to Learn About Your Own Body Chemistry
- Our weight loss book, Kick Your Fat in the Nuts, goes into depth about how to better understand your chemistry and imbalances. It’s available on Amazon in Paperback or Kindle format.
- If you prefer audiobooks, Audible is giving away our audiobook version of Kick Your Fat in the Nuts, along with a 30-day trial to Audible to all of our podcast Subscribers. Learn More HERE. And you can subscribe to our podcast for free on iTunes HERE.
- If you’re a health professional, or would like to become one, check out our Online Health Coach Course to dig deeper into these topics. Some people take this course simply to learn more and improve their own health.
Links to tools mentioned in the episode
- Natural Selection Nutritional’s Complete Protein
- Digestive Issues Course
- NaturalReference.com for Supplements
Full List of Show Topics We’ve Covered
Download Our Free Digestion Assessment Guide
Sign up to receive our free Digestion Checklist that could help you improve your digestive issues.
Leave a Reply