Today we’re talking with Nissa Graun; she’s a yo-yo dieter turned, Kick it Naturally student, turned Keto diet expert! After decades of searching for the right diet for her, Nissa found our book Kick Your Fat in the Nuts and learned that there is no diet right for everyone, not even Keto. Not yet, at least. In this episode we talk about how to figure out if a Ketogenic diet is right for you, and if not, how to get there. We’ll cover some of the major do’s and don’ts, as well as addressing some major misconceptions. Listen in as Tony and Nissa get the skinny on this high fat diet.
Register for our FREE Keto Troubleshooting Webinar Thursday, January 24th at 11am PST. Register HERE
- Hello Nissa! Who are you and how did you get here?
- If Keto is not right for your body chemistry, find out why
- What’s the difference between Keto and Low-Carb?
- What are the Pro’s of Keto?
- What are some of the setbacks you can encounter with Keto?
- Why Keto plus Low-Carb does not mix well
- Why fixing digestion before attempting a keto diet is key
- Don’t be a Keto bully
- Not all Keto diets will work for everyone
- Don’t make yourself miserable, transition to Keto slowly
My Big Fat Life Transformation
Eating Fat is the New Skinny Support Group
On our Kick It Naturally show, we cover how most symptoms, or health issues, can have a variety of underlying causes. When the goal is to improve a symptom or health issue, the first step should always be to look at your own chemistry to figure out what may be causing the problem. The almost free 4-week Digestion Course that we talk about in this episode is a great way to learn how to run simple tests you can do at home, and get an idea of imbalances that may be occurring in your body chemistry.
Once you understand the imbalances you may be dealing with, you can listen to our episode about that topic to better understand how different imbalances can cause that symptom or health issue. If you are seem to have a strong imbalance that is commonly the underlying cause of the issue you’re dealing with, now you have a place to start. If you can do the work to improve that imbalance, you may find that the symptom could improve right along with it.
If you get stuck, be sure to join our free and private Facebook Support Group HERE. There, you can ask questions and others can point you in the right direction.
More Ways to Learn About Your Own Body Chemistry
- Our weight loss book, Kick Your Fat in the Nuts, goes into depth about how to better understand your chemistry and imbalances. It’s available on Amazon in Paperback or Kindle format.
- If you prefer audiobooks, Audible is giving away our audiobook version of Kick Your Fat in the Nuts, along with a 30-day trial to Audible to all of our podcast Subscribers. Learn More HERE. And you can subscribe to our podcast for free on iTunes HERE.
- If you’re a health professional, or would like to become one, check out our Online Health Coach Course to dig deeper into these topics. Some people take this course simply to learn more and improve their own health.
Links to tools mentioned in the episode
- Natural Selection Nutritional’s Complete Protein
- Digestive Issues Course
- NaturalReference.com for Supplements
Full List of Show Topics We’ve Covered
Download Our Free Digestion Assessment Guide
Sign up to receive our free Digestion Checklist that could help you improve your digestive issues.
Leave a Reply