Listen in as Tony, Will and Kinna dive into the truth about what really causes cholesterol imbalances. You may be excited to learn that a lot of foods you may love the taste of but avoid because you heard cause high cholesterol are actually good for you. You may also be super surprised to hear foods that you thought were good for you are actually elevating LDL cholesterol and harming your health.
In this Episode You’ll Learn
- The connection between carbohydrate consumption, triglycerides, elevated insulin, cardiac disease and elevated LDL cholesterol.
- You’ll learn that “bad” cholesterol is not actually bad in itself, but is actually produced as a compensatory mechanism to buffer against the chemical damages that chronically elevated blood and tissue sugar levels can cause.
- You’ll learn that saturated fats and dietary cholesterol as found in egg yolks, butter and other animal products are actually supportive of good health and balanced cholesterol levels in the body.
- Avoiding dietary cholesterol does nothing to healthfully regulate cholesterol levels in the body.
- The mass majority of the cholesterol in our body is produced by our body itself rather than consumed in the diet.
- Cholesterol plays a ton of valuable roles in the body related to hormone regulation, digestion, cellular energy production, metabolism and reproduction.
- And we briefly talk about the connection between hypothyroidism and elevated cholesterol levels.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
Download Our Free Digestion Assessment Guide
Sign up to receive our free Digestion Checklist that could help you improve your digestive issues.