You can listen to Part 1 of this episode on the player at the top of this page. Part 2 can be found here.
There’s a lot to talk about when it comes to metabolic typing so we’ve got a two part episode to try and cover it all. First, it’s important to understand exactly what metabolic typing means and the intentions of utilizing that information. There are arguments on both sides as to how beneficial sticking to a metabolic typing diet really is, especially when every diet claims to be the magic solution. In this episode we’ll discuss both sides of that debate, explore the nuances of metabolic typing and even learn a little history about how this science has evolved. Listen in as Tony, Will and Kinna answer your questions in this two part episode!
In this episode you’ll hear about:
- What exactly is metabolic typing?
- How Dr. George Watson contributed to how we utilize this information.
- How metabolic rates affect oxidation rates.
- Why sticking to a diet based on metabolic typing can be negative if digestion is not optimal.
- How your body regulates blood pH with breath rate.
- The difference between the sympathetic and parasympathetic state.
- Why it can be difficult to monitor a child’s metabolic rate.
- The distinction between a metabolic type and tendency.
- A look back at some of the founding contributors in metabolic science.
- What is the catabolic and anabolic state and why they are both appropriate.
- What physiological markers we can learn from an 11 parameter dipstick.
- Why it’s important not to base everything on metabolic typing.
Also listen to our shows on:
On our Kick It Naturally show, we cover how most symptoms, or health issues, can have a variety of underlying causes. When the goal is to improve a symptom or health issue, the first step should always be to look at your own chemistry to figure out what may be causing the problem. The almost free 4-week Digestion Course that we talk about in this episode is a great way to learn how to run simple tests you can do at home, and get an idea of imbalances that may be occurring in your body chemistry.
Once you understand the imbalances you may be dealing with, you can listen to our episode about that topic to better understand how different imbalances can cause that symptom or health issue. If you are seem to have a strong imbalance that is commonly the underlying cause of the issue you’re dealing with, now you have a place to start. If you can do the work to improve that imbalance, you may find that the symptom could improve right along with it.
If you get stuck, be sure to join our free and private Facebook Support Group HERE. There, you can ask questions and others can point you in the right direction.
More Ways to Learn About Your Own Body Chemistry
- Our weight loss book, Kick Your Fat in the Nuts, goes into depth about how to better understand your chemistry and imbalances. It’s available on Amazon in Paperback or Kindle format.
- If you prefer audiobooks, Audible is giving away our audiobook version of Kick Your Fat in the Nuts, along with a 30-day trial to Audible to all of our podcast Subscribers. Learn More HERE. And you can subscribe to our podcast for free on iTunes HERE.
- If you’re a health professional, or would like to become one, check out our Online Health Coach Course to dig deeper into these topics. Some people take this course simply to learn more and improve their own health.
Links to tools mentioned in the episode
- Natural Selection Nutritional’s Complete Protein
- Digestive Issues Course
- NaturalReference.com for Supplements
Download Our Free Digestion Assessment Guide
Sign up to receive our free Digestion Checklist that could help you improve your digestive issues.